About Pacific Family & Internal Medicine
Founded in September 2013 by Dr. George Mathew, Pacific Family & Internal Medicine is a financially independent medical center in Sequim, WA. With the invaluable support of Dr. James Hult, our great team of nurses, medical assistants and staff, our practice has grown and expanded to add more convenience for patients. We provide primary care for the entire family. We specialize in internal medicine, practice in geriatrics and provide basic pediatric care, preventive medicine, cancer screenings, cardiovascular assessments, and more.
Where Innovation is Happening
Providing Holistic, Patient-Centered Care
Since opening, our practice has expanded to offer patients a larger array of services including: online appointment scheduling, in-house blood draws, EKGs, and other diagnostic services. As primary care physicians, we see to it that every medical need you have is addressed promptly and completely.
We believe medical care should be affordable and accessible, so we make ourselves available to patients six days a week and offer 24/7 On Call services. In addition, we offer low cash prices for service if needed. Our team has a diverse background and uniquely strong bond. The doctor-patient relationship is essential to us and we focus on earning each patient’s trust and building a lasting bond with them.
Read Our Article
Dr. James Hult
Dr. James E. Hult is an Internal Medicine Specialist in Sequim, Washington. He graduated with honors from Harvard Medical School in 1973. He is license through California State and Washington State.
In 2014 and 2016, Dr. Hult had the honor of receiving the patients’ choice award, that recognizes the difference a physician has made in their patients’ lives.
Having more than 43 years of diverse experiences, especially in internal medicine, Dr. James E. Hult affiliates with Olympic Medical Center, and cooperates with other doctors and specialists in medical group Gim Services PLLC.
Education & Medical Training
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital Residency, General Surgery
- Harvard Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License – Active Through 2017
- WA State Medical License – Active Through 2018
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- CMS Stage 1 EHR 2013
- Patients’ Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Dr. George Mathew, MD
A board-certified physician with more than 25 years of experience, George Mathew, MD, currently specializes in internal medicine and primary care. Prior to establishing Pacific Family & Internal Medicine, Dr George Mathew, MD, practiced in Primary Care in Sequim for three years. He previously traveled practicing in emergency and internal medicine in North and South Dakota, Oregon, and Washington.
Dr Mathew attended medical school at the University of Athens in Greece, and later completed a PhD in immunology at the University of Texas (UT) Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences in Houston, Texas. He remained at UT for an internship and residency in internal medicine. Dr. Mathew’s postgraduate training included a clinical fellowship in Medical Oncology at the University of Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington.
Fully immersed in practicing medicine, managing his practice and performing administrative and operational with a view to improving quality and access to healthcare, Dr Mathew makes time to travel throughout the United States and to lend support to local animal shelters and a variety of health care transformation programs.
Million Hearts Participating Provider
Pacific Family & Internal Medicine was accepted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to become one of 516 sites in the United States (one of eight in Washington) to participate in the Million Hearts initiative. This is one-of-a-kind, 5 year nationwide clinical program aiming to reduce Cardiovascular/Stroke risk in Medicare beneficiaries from 40 to 79 years old. Most of our patients qualify for this program. Our program began at the end of 2016.
Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative
The Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative is designed to help clinicians achieve large-scale health transformation. The initiative is designed to support more than 140,000 clinician practices over the next four years in sharing, adapting and further developing their comprehensive quality improvement strategies. The initiative is one part of a strategy advanced by the Affordable Care Act to strengthen the quality of patient care and spend health care dollars more wisely. It aligns with the criteria for innovative models set forth in the Affordable Care Act:
- Promoting broad payment and practice reform in primary care and specialty care,
- Promoting care coordination between providers of services and suppliers,
- Establishing community-based health teams to support chronic care management, and
- Promoting improved quality and reduced cost by developing a collaborative of institutions that support practice transformation.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) launched on June 10, 2016 the second round of the Support and Alignment Networks under the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI). More information can be found in the Support and Alignment Networks 2.0 section below.
Practice Transformation Networks
The Practice Transformation Networks are peer-based learning networks designed to coach, mentor and assist clinicians in developing core competencies specific to practice transformation. This approach allows clinician practices to become actively engaged in the transformation and ensures collaboration among a broad community of practices that creates, promotes, and sustains learning and improvement across the health care system. The following organizations are the Practice Transformation Networks:
- Arizona Health-e Connection
- Baptist Health System, Inc.
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
- Community Care of North Carolina, Inc.
- Community Health Center Association of Connecticut, Inc.
- Consortium for Southeastern Hypertension Control
- Health Partners Delmarva, LLC
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- Local Initiative Health Authority of Los Angeles County
- Maine Quality Counts
- Mayo Clinic
- National Council for Behavioral Health
- National Rural Accountable Care Consortium
- New Jersey Innovation Institute
- New Jersey Medical & Health Associates dba CarePoint Health
- New York eHealth Collaborative
- New York University School of Medicine
- Pacific Business Group on Health
- PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center
- Rhode Island Quality Institute
- The Trustees of Indiana University
- VHA/UHC Alliance Newco, Inc.
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Washington
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- VHS Valley Health Systems, LLC
- Washington State Department of Health
Support and Alignment Networks
The Support and Alignment Networks will provide a system for workforce development utilizing national and regional professional associations and public-private partnerships that are currently working in practice transformation efforts. Utilizing existing and emerging tools (e.g., continuing medical education, maintenance of certification, core competency development) these networks will help ensure sustainability of these efforts. These will especially support the recruitment of clinician practices serving small, rural and medically underserved communities and play an active role in the alignment of new learning. The following organizations are the Support and Alignment Networks:
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Physicians, Inc.
- HCD International, Inc.
- Patient Centered Primary Care Foundation
- The American Board of Family Medicine, Inc.
- Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement
- American College of Radiology
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- National Nursing Centers Consortium
For more information about our medical services in Sequim, WA or to schedule an appointment, please use our online appointment request form or contact us at 360-775-3515.